Post tensioned concrete floors

Greetings,

I am working on designing post tensioned floors for mixed use and residential buildings. I am relatively new to this and I had a few questions.

1) Is it really possible to decrease the bottom reinforcement by increasing the prestress in the strands or is there a limit to the reduction. Are there any design tips for that ? Say if you attain a certain P/A, you can reach a point of minimum bottom reinforcement
2) Does adding more tendons to reduce bottom reinforcement cause additional negative reinforcement? Is it essentially a give and take situation.

Thank you
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN
Graduate Student
Structural Engineering and Materials (SEM)
Virginia Tech,  VA - 24061