RE: Arch. Desktop / Revit Structure

Yi,

AUGI (AutoCAD Users' Group International) has a large e-mail list on Revit.  There are at least two Structural Engineers who are regular contributors (or at least lst time I looked).  You might post some questions there.  Also, Autodesk has a guy dedicated to the structural uses of Revit.  Name escapes me now.

As for ADT, Dennis Wish is probably the go-to expert on this list.  I saw a demo where a guy drew CMU walls in section and so I think it must have other things like deck, plywood, and probably the AISC database too.  I was able to do a lot of that with blocks and lisp.

As you probably know, the emphasis of both products is 3D and coordination and they are mainly used by Architects.  They are also more expensive than full AutoCAD.  I don't knwo what your interest is but after I saw how expensive revit was, I didn't have any more questions about it.

HTH
MJ