From: Gale45man [mailto:gale45man(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Mathcad

One way to do this is to divide the variable by its
units and then multiply the result by the appropriate
units....

Ec := 57000 * psi * [(f`c/psi)^0.5]

 d a v e e v a n s

I'm in the process of learning Mathcad and converting
some of my homemade Excel calculations.  I like to
have Mathcad keep track of units for me, unlike some
I've noticed.  But there's a problem when the units
don't work out, such as

     Ec = w^1.5 (f'c)^.5

How do you handle that?  It seems like they would have
provided a method within the software for us to
manually "assign" units to an emperical formula in
just such a case.

John Riley

Discover Yahoo!

http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).