Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: MathCad

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
John -

I convert the input f'c to 'unitless psi' by dividing it by psi
to get the unitless component with proper magnitude for psi input.
Similarly, I divide the unit weiht by pcf to get 'unitless pcf'.
Then, I multiply the result of the unitless calculation by 1*psi.
That way, I can put in concrete strength and unit weight in
non-consistent units and still get the right values out of the


Charles Hamilton, PhD EIT               PGR and Lecturer
Department of Civil and                 Phone: 949.824.3752
    Environmental Engineering           FAX:   949.824.2117
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********