Earthquakes and geotechs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAOC List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Earthquakes and geotechs
- From: "Paul Feather" <pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:40:09 -0700
An interesting side note:
With the recent earthquake activity in So Cal, the news was interviewing a geotech who was 70 feet down a caisson hole doing a visual inspection when the latest quake hit.....
The pulled him free with the crane suffering only minor scrapes and bruises.
I for one couldn't be paid enough to go 70 feet down a 3 foot hole, the idea of an earthquake while down there produces a cold sweat...
- Prev by Subject: Earthquake Forces and Design Deformation of a Pile Group
- Next by Subject: RE: Earthquakes and geotechs
- Previous by thread: RE: Using grating for snow drift
- Next by thread: RE: Earthquakes and geotechs