Re: Dead line 6/19/05 SECB warning

Bill,

Believe me, I have had MORE than enough fun taking exams for my various
licenses.  I have now taken the NCEES Civil exam (8 hours of fun...what I
origianlly took to get my Michigan PE license), the NCEES Struct I & II
exam (the 16 hours of fun that I took to get my SE license in Illinois), and
the Washington Stuct III exam (another 8 hours of fun to get my SE license
in Washington...the Washington PE license came by direct reciprosity from
Michigan).  That does not include the original 8 hours of fun from taking
the EIT/FE exam.  And now I get an additional 5 hours of fun by taking the
seismic and surverying (huh?!?...and WHY do I need to take a surveying
exam...I have not done/used any surveying information in my carrer to
darte and doubt that I will in the future) exams in California.  So, I am
more than ready to do without some fun!!  ;-)

I will note that the above semi-serious tirage about the exams is why I am
in general support the idea of the Structural Certification idea.  It has
the possibility to become a "precursor" to a psuedo-national structural
license (we will never have a true national license).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI