Re: Allowable Stress for flexural members with yield points greater than 65ksi

Dennis-
I'm surprised and sorry that you didn't read my response which was sent at 17:14:05 on June 2, 2005 (just 42 minutes after your reply, although I have to admit it didn't elicit one of those crazy return reciepts you seem to like to send) suggesting a very practical solution that would keep you from missing any of the posts on the liserver.  Since I did not receive any response, I just assumed you wanted to continue to annoy the list while "slopping" at the public trough (from a .gov domain).

Get a private email account if you want to be taken seriously by the listserver folks.  That way you won't be jeopardizing "national security" unless your purpose for being on the list is to be the government's "minder" of the list. With a private account, where you CAN turn off the "Return Receipt" feature, you won't be taking up unnecesary bandwidth.

I've taken the liberty to copy the list to let everyone know you've chosen not to be part of the solution.

Sincerely,
Bill Cain, S.E.
Berkeley CA

FORWARD OF PRIOR RESPONSE TO DENNIS NIEHOFF
--------Original Message-------
From: BCainse
To: dennis.niehoff(--nospam--at)srs.gov
Sent: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:14:05 -0400
Subject: Fwd: Allowable Stress for flexural members with yield points greater than 65ksi

Dennis-
The suggested solution would be for you to use the "Leave Seaint" method of unsubscribing from your "secure" site and use the "Join Seaint" method from an off national-security-site location, non-secure email account (such as possibly your own private account? a Yahoo account, a hotmail account) like most of the rest of us do. That way you would not be jepardizing national security nor annoying several thousand busy structural engineers with useless messages. "Not my fault, national security made me do it" is NOT a good answer.

Others on the SEAINT listserver have repeatedly complained of your "Return Receipts" in the past. You should choose to be part of the solution rather than the problem by taking the above action and you wouldn't miss a single post on the listserver.  BTW, we'd like to see an occasional post contributing your knowledge to the listserver.

Bill Cain, S.E.
Berkeley CA

FORWARD OF EMAIL RECEIVED TODAY FROM DENNIS NIEHOFF