Deck Design for Wyoming[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Deck Design for Wyoming
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 22:18:18 EDT
I am thinking of redoing the deck on my house in Jackson Hole.
Is it customary for deck supports to be founded below frost depth?
I don't think the supports for the current deck are, and there doesn't seem to have been any problems in the 15 years since the house was built. The current deck is only about 10' x 10' though and I am thinking of enlarging it to 15' x 30'.
It is a non-elevated deck, no more than 30 inches off grade.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Dead line 6/19/05 SECB warning
- Next by Subject: Re: Deck Design for Wyoming
- Previous by thread: 1x4 bracing on bottom of deck joists for sway bracing in category D siesmic and 80mph exposure C wind?
- Next by thread: Re: Deck Design for Wyoming