Re: Deck Design for Wyoming

While I don't know what Jackson Hole or anywhere else in Wyoming will
require, I can say that in my neck of the woods, it is typically required
to have deck foundation bearing depth to be below frost depth.

When I built a very small "deck" (more like a portch that allowed me to
exit the house...was about 5 ft by 5 ft at the most) for my previous
house, the local jurisdiction required the concrete footings (round
sonotube piers) to go below frost, which they specified as 42" for my
area.  This was one thing that the township inspector actually came and
checked.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI