From: Paul Feather [mailto:pfeather(--nospam--at)SE-Solutions.net]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 9:40 AM
To: SEAOC List
Subject: Earthquakes and geotechs

An interesting side note:

With the recent earthquake activity in So Cal, the news was interviewing a geotech who was 70 feet down a caisson hole doing a visual inspection when the latest quake hit.....

The pulled him free with the crane suffering only minor scrapes and bruises.

I for one couldn't be paid enough to go 70 feet down a 3 foot hole, the idea of an earthquake while down there produces a cold sweat...