Re: ASCE 7 - Building Shape and Wind Loading

Dave
British Code 6399, 1997 edition address this type of building.
This code would help you.

>>> davemaynard(--nospam--at)ceincorp.com 06/20/05 1:34 PM >>>
I have an L-shaped 3-story building with a roof peak height of 30'-3 1/4".
It does have a couple of jogs here and there, but for the most part, it's an
L-shape.  It's standard wood frame construction.  Is this a "Regular Shaped"
building, thus fitting in either the Analytical or Simplified Procedure for
wind analysis per ASCE 7, or do I have to find another method of wind load
analysis?  If the latter's the case, can someone point me in the right
direction???

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming