Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

"Shear piers"

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
If I say "shear piers", what if anything does that mean?

Some used that termonology as something that is commonly done on the West
Coast to resist seismic loading, but it is not a term that I have
necessarily heard.  I have an idea of what it might mean, but thought that
I would get it from the "horses mouth" (not that I am calling you folks on
the West Coast horses...<grin>).


Adrian, MI

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********