From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: "Shear piers"

If I say "shear piers", what if anything does that mean?

Some used that termonology as something that is commonly done on the West
Coast to resist seismic loading, but it is not a term that I have
necessarily heard.  I have an idea of what it might mean, but thought that
I would get it from the "horses mouth" (not that I am calling you folks on
the West Coast horses...<grin>).

Thanks,

Scott
Adrian, MI