Re: Alquist Priolo Occupancy

Paul:
In our area the county Geologist determines the set back from a known fault trace.
The Architect has no input or knowledge for that matter. Usually it is 50 feet to any building structure except site work and minor walls. Retaining walls crossing the fault trace, you are asking for a lawsuit.

As an engineer you would not build a structure across a know fault trace. We have an understanding of the probable damage that will occur and the structure will become non useable to the client.

Sometime we have to protect our clients from their own stupidity....

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA