Fire Code

Our city requires that walls for commercial property with residential
apartment above have 2-hour fire rated walls.  Can a sprinkler system be
substituted for the 2-hr. wall under the IBC?  The construction involves
rehabilitation of an existing building.

Jim Hamilton
Hutchison Engineering, Inc
jhamilton(--nospam--at)hutchisoneng.com