Re: Structurally vs. Cosmetic Damage

Gail,

The WRI quotes a table published by the Home Owners
Warranty Corporation for allowable concrete cracks in
residential construction.  I have not been able to
find the HOWC on the web to verify this reference, but
you can find the table in WRI Tech Fact TF 202-R-03,
Table 1.  They may be linked to the NAHB, according to
this document.

Granted, this does not distinguish between structural
and non-structural, but it seems like a good starting
point.  If you search for and find the source of this
info, please let me know.

Jim Wilson PE
Stroudsburg, PA