To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:10 AM
Subject: RE: Seismic and snow

I think you can use the snow included in seismic weight to resist overturning
with the load combinations that exist.  I have had people argue with me if
you have to use snow in seismic weight then you should be able to use that
portion being included in seismic weight to reduce overturning.  It seems
rational.

.6D+.6*(.2*S)+.7*E

The E has a .2*Sds*(D+.2*S) vertical reducing the .6D.