Re: Seismic and Snow

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] What was also interesting was determining the height of the snow load mass on top of the mechanical unit. It this case I had a Snow Load Study for the Lake Tahoe Basin (dated 1990) which provided me the with snow pack density of 45%. The seismic criteria was a UBC zone 3 etc., and the controlling equation was (32-2), (97 UBC) which can be a real project killer.

Neil Moore,  S.E.