RE: Seismic and snow

Nels,
You are right, but to take it a little further,
Canadian research has shown that even a very small
obstacle can cause snow accumulation. So a vent pipe can
cause snow to accumulate downwind and the accumulation
itself causes more to collect. So you get a patchwork
of snow on a roof with some areas loaded to the max and
others bare.  Then you add drifts on top of the roof at
the locations you mentioned.
Gary