From: Sherman, William [mailto:ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 6:55 AM
To: seaint@seaint.orgJim Lutz, P.E., S.E.

Subject: Design of Environmental Structures

FYI, the following documents are now on the ACI website for public
review:

ACI 350-XX, Standard Requirements for Environmental Engineering Concrete
Structures

ACI 350.3-XX, Seismic Design of Liquid-Containing Concrete Structures

They may be accessed via: www.concrete.org - Publications -
Standardization Actions.

The first document will replace ACI 350-01 - it used to be called "code
requirements" but now is called "standard requirements".  The load
factors have been updated to conform with ACI 318-02 and ASCE 7 load
factors and significant changes have been made in the determination of
Environmental Durability Factors (EDF).  In effect, the EDF's convert
the strength design values back to working stress levels for
reinforcement design.

The second document will replace ACI 350.3-01.  This document updates
the seismic design procedures for liquid-containing structures to IBC
2000/ASCE 7 seismic provisions

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236
email: shermanwc(--nospam--at)cdm.com

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).