Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
OT - Router vs Ethernet Hub[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: OT - Router vs Ethernet Hub
- From: "M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 10:52:02 -0400
The Situation: My office computers are currently connected using an ethernet hub. I am planning on changing to cable internet access. I want all of the computers to be able to access the internet through the cable connection.
The Question: Can the cable modem connect to the ethernet hub or directly to one of the computers? Or do I need to have a router in addition to (or instead of?) the ethernet hub?
M. David Finley, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Open web steel joists
- Next by Subject: RE: OT - Router vs Ethernet Hub
- Previous by thread: RE: Bolted Angle Connections
- Next by thread: RE: OT - Router vs Ethernet Hub