OT - Router vs Ethernet Hub

The Situation:  My office computers are currently connected using an ethernet hub.  I am planning on changing to cable internet access.  I want all of the computers to be able to access the internet through the cable connection.

The Question:  Can the cable modem connect to the ethernet hub or directly to one of the computers?  Or do I need to have a router in addition to (or instead of?) the ethernet hub?

Thanks,

M. David Finley, P.E.