CA Plans Stamping

Hola:

I am newly licensed as a PE in CA. Reading through the Board Rules and PE Act it is apparent that as a licensed engineer you are obligated to stamp all plans and calcs (for submittal) prepared by you. My boss does not think this is the case and thinks he can continue to stamp documents prepared by me. The reason he wants to do this seems to be an insurance ( rather an increase in the cost of insurance) issue.

Any response in appreciated.

S.

Jason Atwood, P.E.