Re: CA Plans Stamping

The boss, at least this time, is correct.  It becomes
a matter of increased liability for him.  He stamps
your work because you prepared it under his
supervision.  The office becomes more profitable and
marketable with you being a  PE, but the liablilty
increases for him.  If plan to go off on your own at
some point, you'll know the grim realities of E&O
insurance.

DT, SE
SF, CA

--- Jason Atwood <atwoodjason(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hola:
>
> I am newly licensed as a PE in CA. Reading through
> the Board Rules and PE Act it is apparent that as a
> licensed engineer you are obligated to stamp all
> plans and calcs (for submittal) prepared by you. My
> boss does not think this is the case and thinks he
> can continue to stamp documents prepared by me. The
> reason he wants to do this seems to be an insurance
> ( rather an increase in the cost of insurance)
> issue.
>
> Any response in appreciated.
>
> S.
>
> Jason Atwood, P.E.

>  Sell on Yahoo! Auctions  - No fees. Bid on great
items.

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions ? no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/