RE: CA Plans Stamping

Jason

The reality is that what your boss is doing is the
norm.  As long as your boss had some involvement with
the project in making key decisions and supervising
your work I see no problem.  This practice is so
pervasive that if the board of registration tried to
make an issue of it they would have to take action
against the vast majority of engineers in California.

The bottom line is that if you follow your boss's
interpretation your personal risk is almost
nonexistent.  On the other hand if you make a big deal
about this you could compromise your relationship with
your employer.

Whether this practice is consistent with a literal
reading of the regulations or that the regulations
make sense I will leave to others.

Mark Gilligan