RE: Use Sheetpiles for Shearwall

Second that opinion.
-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart, Matthew [mailto:mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 5:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Use Sheetpiles for Shearwall

I have designed a lot of steel sheet pile walls but have never used then for in plane shearwall resistance. It is common for adjacent sheets to be welded such that two sheets are driven as one, however, I don't know of any studies out there can provide you any shear capacities for frictional resistance of any unwelded joints.

Matthew Stuart