To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 8:37 AM
Subject: RE: CA Plans Stamping

The primary question is who is making the important technical design
decisions and is taking responsibility for the completed work product?
It is acceptable for the responsible professional engineer to use
another registered engineer to assist in developing the design.  But it
is not appropriate to seal drawings if not directly involved in their
development via decision making and final review.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311