RE: Gypsum Roof Plank Load Tables

Harold,
Thanks for the reply.  The span on this project was 5'-0".  The only other
systems that I am aware of were not precast plank with galvanized T&G frames
around them, they were either precast or site cast with bulb-tees with
separate reinforcing in the form of bulb-tees or H-channels.  Is there any
information I could provide that would allow you to give me a more exact
capacity.  If it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience, I would certainly
like a copy of the report.  I contacted USG earlier and they were unable to
find any information on the product.

I have a 1976 USG document SA 305 that describes five USG gypsum roof
systems and even gives design information for some of them but it refers to
SA 306 for the plank system.  The kids that I talked to at USG had never
heard of the system until last week.  Someone else called about it the day
before I did.  They had checked their references and could find no
information.

Thanks for the help you have already given me and for all the other useful
information I have gotten from your participation on SEAINT.

Roger C. Davis
Architect

205 N. Dewey St.
Eau Claire, WI 54703