Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
single-bolt steel connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: single-bolt steel connections
- From: "Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:56:45 -0500
Is there a place in the IBC code or AISC spec that specifically does NOT allow a connection with only one bolt? We are being asked to change a welded connection detail to a bolted connection with one bolt. In this specific case, the bolt is in tension.
Bruce D. Holcomb, PE, SE
- Prev by Subject: SIMULATION OF EXPLOSION EFFECTS
- Next by Subject: Re: single-bolt steel connections
- Previous by thread: Re: Sequence of girt installation
- Next by thread: Re: single-bolt steel connections