Re: Protecting an exterior slab on metal deck

Interesting, Bob, thank you.  They also have quite a
few topping slab type products that could be worth
researching some day.

On a related note, there are areas on the surface of
the slab that appear slightly darker than others.
These subtle splotches repeat at about 18" on center
and span parallel with the span.  They are accompanied
by hairline cracks.  My guess is that there is rebar
in the slab that has somehow reacted in a way that is
causing this effect.  Does this sound right?  Maybe
water in the crack is bringing some type of mineral to
the surface and staining the concrete?  Just wild
guesses.

Jim