Re: Sequence of girt installation

Rich,
I don't see a way around having the steel people come
back to the job.  What I do to avoid interference with
the masons installing the vert rebar is leave out the
sill girt (which has slotted holes in the end conn)
and have the masons install embedded plates or embedded
bolts in the top course at approx 4 ft ctrs. The girt
comes with slotted holes in it also at approx 4 ft ctrs.
The girt is laid over the anchors or weld plates and
then welded or bolted in place.  The embedded plates
work better as you can use over-size holes and just
weld.  The contractors who have dealt it with seem to
like it--as least they haven't complained.
Gary