RE: Sequence of girt installation

Take a look at Hohmann & Barnard PTA Series Partition Top Anchors.  You
would probably have to grout the course below the top course rather than the
to course.  You would have to use sash block in the top course to work with
the PTA Rods.  H&B are very helpful and will provide you with some advice on
the capacity of the anchor.  I have used that anchor below concrete beams at
times without complaints from the masons.

I have also used another procedure below a steel beam.  You could have the
fabricator weld an angle with a down turned leg to capture one side of the
wall; then the wall could be erected.  Then an angle could be slipped into
place on the other side of the wall and welded in place.  I have done this
with both continuous angles where the joint was exposed and with
intermittent angles when appearance was not an issue.

Roger C. Davis
Architect

205 N. Dewey St.
Eau Claire, WI 54703