Re: California plan stamping

On Jul 15, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Dennis S. Wish, PE wrote:

How can we compete when I receive calls telling me that the potential client has contacted firms in the area including this one who is not licensed and should not be advertising. If I say anything to the potential client, I am seen as badmouthing the other firm and will generally lose the business.
You're certainly within your rights to complain to the board. At least you would be if you were practicing in Minnesota. Both the Minnesota and florida Boards go after unregistered engineers with a vengeance, and I'd be very surprised of California would simply ignore a complaint. Actually I think it's unethical (technically) not to report unlicensed practice to the board if you know it for a fact.

As to losing the business--you've already lost it if you do nothing.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/