Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:56:03 -0700
From: SCN User <bd166(--nospam--at)scn.org>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: 1x4 bracing on bottom of deck joists for sway bracing in category D siesmic and 80mph exposure C wind?

Your following message has been delivered to the list
  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org at 18:56:14 on 17 Jun 2005.

Trying to find 'prescriptive' standards for 1x4ish diagonal (sway) bracing on the underside of the joists for residential deck framing (eg 20x10 deck on a 20ft ledger at the bldg and on 8ft or so high posts at the outer side).
Any ideas?
Thank you.
akm