Re: California Plan Stamping

On Jul 17, 2005, at 11:22 PM, Scott Maxwell wrote:

But, I will point out in the scenario that you outline, it still requires a civil court to be involved in order for the Board to collect the fine as presumably
the Board does not have direct authoity over a non-licensed individual.

As Ray pointed out cases involving the engineering law in at least 3 states (NY, Minnesota and Florida) are brought before an administrative law judge. They're not criminal matters. Criminal behavior has a whole different standard of proof and the right to a jury trial. California may be different--certainly would be different if violations of the engineering law were criminal matters. Hard to imagine that they are. I should also note that enforcement of the engineering law via administrative courts is also different than liability actions involving engineering practice.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/