Re: California Plan Stamping

I went to the website that Kevin Polin recommended. Here was one case which is similar to my post:

"RILEY, KEVIN J.
Unlicensed.
September 6, 1993: Injunction against practicing engineering without a license
        On September 6, 1993, the Superior Court of California, in the County of Santa Barbara, issued a Stipulation and Final Judgment against Kevin J. Riley, doing business as Kevin Riley and Associates Construction, Inc. This Final Judgment issued an injunction pursuant to Business and Professions Code section 17203. In the injunction, Riley, his officers, agents, representatives, and employees are permanently enjoined and restrained from directly or indirectly engaging in unfair business practices in violation of Business and Professions Code section 17200, et seq., including, but not limited to, practicing or offering to practice civil, electrical, mechanical, or seismic engineering without first obtaining a valid license from the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. "

In this case, Riley represented himself as a contractor but offered to provide engineering services. He was not licensed nor was the person I wrote about. BORPELS did not act against the party I reported and although they were supposed to notify me of the reasons and resolution (because I gave my name to be used as the complaintent rather than an anonomous status). I don't understand why BORPELs did not act against the locat party and suggested that he simply take his name out of the business title rather than following the provisions of this code section.

Confused
Dennis
--

--