Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Bridge/building[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Bridge/building
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:00:16 -0400
Contact Continental Bridge:
Structural Dept. - Manalapan
We have a client who would like some rough ball park cost figures for a bridge/structure over a river. The bridge is not for vehicles, but for pedestrian traffic and shops/restaurant. I realize that the structure would at least need to accommodate light truck traffic for access to the shops/restaurant. I don't recall having seen such a structure myself, but I would imagine that some of you have run into such an animal, so I am asking for your thoughts/experiences. If anyone knows of any examples of similar structures that have been featured in any trade magazines, I would like to know about them.
I have an idea of what buildings cost per square foot, but not bridges and especially not bridges for buildings.
Any "gut feel" superstructure costs for the main span of 500' x 100' wide x 50' high?
Thanks in advance.
S. Peoples, P. E.
- Prev by Subject: Bridge/building
- Next by Subject: RE: Bridge/building
- Previous by thread: Re: Bridge/building
- Next by thread: RE: Bridge/building