Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:21 AM
Subject: Curved Masonry Shear walls

I am doing a single story masonry building.  One side of the building is a curved wall.  Normally I would select all straight walls for my LFRS, but that is not possible for this particular building.  I am trying to find some documentation or just some generally used principles for the design of the curved masonry walls.  The radius of this wall is very large, which helps because the curve is only 37 degrees.  Any suggestions as to what method or methods of design would be generally accepted by the engineering community?