Re: Plan stampers

"Actually it is pretty much black and white"

I have seen state boards take some less clear-cut stands in unusual cases, such as one where the EOR died near the last phase of a large project.  I suppose in theory the law required the whole design to be scrapped and started again from a freshly prepared set of plans, but they found a way to justify letting a new EOR who wasn't involved with the project step in and reseal the drawings needed to finish construction.  I don't know all the details, but my impression is that if you approach them ahead of time in with a situation that is genuinely unusual they often will work with you.  That having been said, the grey areas are the exception rather than the rule.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE