Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: Bridge/building

I don't know anything firsthand about bridge costs, but I do know that the new San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge (well, just the east half) is somewhere in your span-width range and is costing about $23,000. a square foot (sic--do the math, beginning with the $6Billion total cost).  And it's not designed for buildings, just vehicles.  And "cheap" wood-frame houses around here can easily cost $300/sf, so commercial buildings would be more.

I agree with the $1M fee comment. :)

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA