Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
FW: General Dowel Equations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT Listserver (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: FW: General Dowel Equations
- From: AWC Info <AWCInfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:25:41 -0400
A procedure for wood dowel connections has been drafted into the ICC 400 Log Structures Standard. It's based on work by Dr. Dick Schmidt at the University of Wyoming. Here's a link to the draft:
It's in Chapter 3, section 302.3.6.
Note that public comments are due August 1 for those interested.
John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction. Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research, and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and traditional wood products.
The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.
From: "Avicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: General Dowel Equations
I am designing a "traditional" structure, using mortice-tenon
connection = details. =20
1) Is it reasonable to use the "General Dowel Equations for ="">
Calculating Lateral Connection Values", AF&PA Report 12 for assessing = connections using oak dowels and pins?
2) Does anyone have design data for oak pins/dowels?
Thor Tandy P.Eng
- Prev by Subject: Re: General Dowel Equations
- Next by Subject: GEOTECH: Need Advice in re So. Central PA
- Previous by thread: Re: General Dowel Equations
- Next by thread: Unlicensed firms and engineers