RE: FBC Standards

A question abt the UBC from a Canuck who has never
had to use until recently.  The seismic requirements
impose a higher lateral force when soil conditions
are poor.  Shouldn't there be some type of increase
for hurricane type forces?  I know there is a danger
of liquifaction in seismic events, but there seem to
be more hurricanes and lots of damage.  Just a
thought.
Gary