From: refugio rochin [mailto:fugeeo(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Fire Protection for steel building

We are designing a hospital and need to find the most cost effective
solution w/ minimal construction difficulties for fire and rust
protection.  We are already considering encasing our steel beams in
concrete, however, we feel this increases the difficulty in
construction.  We are in a highly corrosive sea environment.

Is there any thing better for rust and fire protection of steel beams
in a building other than concrete?

Thanks In Advance,
Refugio Rochin, PE
Systems Engineering Ltd.