RE: Bridge/building

The 60K tons I quoted yesterday was really only the beginning. The piers were set on steel ‘boxes’ filled with concrete. Some of these boxes would be 50’ x 75’ x 8’ deep constructed with 3” thick top and bottom ‘lids’ and 2” thick walls. Each ‘box’ had up to 8 holes through it for the piles to be driven through. The holes in the box were lined with pipe to contain the concrete and each box contained a quantity of 1 ½ - 2” internal stiffeners and after placement, each box was filled with concrete and sealed. Then the piles were driven, most being +/_ 8’ dia, concrete filled with rebar cages.

My takeoff did not include the rebar or the boxes which I’m certain would add up to at least another 60,000 tons.

I don’t have my drawings anymore but if memory serves, the bicycle path out to the island was another 50 million dollars.

Regards,

Dave Lowen

Jarvis

V 519 587 5797