From: Caldwell, Stan [mailto:scaldwell(--nospam--at)halff.com]
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 8:09 AM
To: SEAINT Listserv
Subject: OT: Can Americans Compete ?

This is the title of a compelling article by Geoffrey Colvin in the July 25,
2005 Issue of Fortune Magazine.  It is an eight-page summary of the current
and future problems facing the United States due to the ever-increasing
globalization of products, capital, and labor.  Engineering and engineering
education are brought up repeatedly.  It is a thought provoking article that
is a worthwhile read, even for people like me who support globalization.
The solution, if there is one, lies mostly in education.

Here is a link where you can read the article without buying the magazine.
Don't procrastinate, the link might only remain active for a short while.

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/articles/0,15114,1081269,00.html
<http://www.fortune.com/fortune/articles/0,15114,1081269,00.html>

Enjoy!

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.