Re: Holdown Bolt Through the Supported Beam

Joseph:

I am readying a set of excel spreadsheets for gravity design of wood members for sale.   One of the spreadsheet deals with the problem you have in hand.  The holddowns from Simpson Catalog is buit into the program. UBC section 1630.8.2 section for member supporting discontinuous shear walls is programmed into the spreadsheet. Currently, Douglas Fir, Glu-lam, and manufactured lumber grade (Microlam, Parallam, etc) and wood member size are built in.  Unlike most spreadsheets, the actual calculation is printed out so that both the user and the plan-checker can check the calcualtions by hand.  Wood mechaniical properties are based on NDS 1997 and NDS 2001.  If you are interested in a fully functional trial copy, e-mail me (privately) with your name, company's name, and telephone at engginfo(--nospam--at)hotmail.com.

Gautam

>>> jharouni(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net 07/22/05 11:10AM >>>
The load is about 7000 lb and on top of that I have to include the
increased factors of UBC section 1630.8.2 Elements Supporting
Discontinuous Systems.
Thanks,
Joseph