Re: OT: Can Americans Compete ?

What I find most interesting is that this situation exists in the US. There is a great disparity in the cost of living between the most and least expensive places to live in the US. Still, companies chose to locate in San Francisco and New York, and pay the differential, even when the business is almost totally information based and needs no real physical presence. There seems to still be value in certain areas to having bodies on the spot.