Re: Holdown Bolt Through the Supported Beam

The load is about 7000 lb and on top of that I have to include the increased factors of UBC section 1630.8.2 Elements Supporting Discontinuous Systems.
Thanks,
Joseph
Just how big is the uplift on the holdown post?

--- Joseph Harouni <jharouni(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Without knowing your loads, could you use a lag

screw in-lieu of

the bolt?
Or maybe using some coil straps and wrap the beam

and nail into the

studs?

Wrapping the strap around the beam would split the
post when nailed
on both side (this is how the eccentricity is taken
away though).

Jason