RE: OT: Can Americans Compete ?

Egads,

Let just all go out and party.  I don't owe anything to the future since its
all circular and I'm gonna die!!!  (TIC)

Get real.  All societies that educate themselves prosper.  Poor education
and/or desperate conditions simply makes the masses easier to lead around
with any information you pump at them.

Why is simple, increased profits.  You should actually read some of the
books about NAFTA and jobs.  Wonderful bi-partisan legislation to move jobs
(I'm sorry, open markets in Mexico and Canada). What is happening to the us,
with globalization is that our standard of living is going down while the
some areas of the world is going up.

India and China are spending huge amounts on education, real education.  We
are spending huge amount on the "administration" of education and
development of "feel good" grading, not on education.

Why SF or some other big city is simple, Quality of Life.  The CEO and
Executives, who get paid way more than they are worth, want to have nice
things to do with their families.  Hence the decisions that are made on
locations of some corporate offices

Heck with this.  I got work to do so I can become one of those overpaid
EXECs.

Arvel