Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Braced Length of Steel Beam W/ Formed Slab[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Braced Length of Steel Beam W/ Formed Slab
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint03(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:04:36 -0500
What would be considered the unbraced length of a beam supporting a concrete slab if no steel deck is used? How is lateral bracing of the compression flange achieved? Is it through the cement bond of the concrete and the top surface of the beam flange? Are mechanical anchors of some kind required?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Bolted Angle Connections
- Next by Subject: RE: Braced Length of Steel Beam W/ Formed Slab
- Previous by thread: Re: OT: Can Americans Compete ?
- Next by thread: RE: Braced Length of Steel Beam W/ Formed Slab