Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
IBC Chapter 17[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: IBC Chapter 17
- From: "Stuart, Matthew" <mstuart(--nospam--at)schoordepalma.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:57:46 -0400
I think for most folks that had any experience with the BOCA Special Inspection requirements, the IBC Special Inspection program is really not much different.
With BOCA I found that not all local building officials enforced the requirement for the Statement of Special Inspection from the EOR, like wise I have yet to come across a building official that has required a formal Statement of Special Inspection per Section 1704.1.1 of the IBC.
What the IBC appears to include that BOCA did not, at least to the best of my knowledge, is a Quality Assurance Plan.
The IBC talks about what categories of structures require a QA Plan, but doesn’t really get into the specifics or real details of a QA Plan similar to what is prescribed for Special Inspections.
Has anyone had any experience with an IBC QA Plan submission?
D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E.
Senior Project Manager
200 State Highway Nine
Manalapan, NJ 07726-0900
Phone: (732) 577-9000 (Ext. 1283)
FAX: (732) 431-9428
Cell: (908) 309-8657
- Prev by Subject: http://ceweb.6te.net/index.php
- Next by Subject: RE: IBC Chapter 17
- Previous by thread: Hairline vertical cracks in reinforced masonry wall of shopping mall
- Next by thread: RE: IBC Chapter 17